The Big IdeaOrder up! It’s a busy day at the diner, so don’t dilly-dally. Help your customers get just what they ordered by racing the other servers to the grill, relay style, and piling up pancakes in precisely the right order in this stack ‘em high, serve ‘em up, relay race game! Shh… They’re learning!
Cut to the Chase
- Develops gross motor skills, balance, and coordination
- Teaches following a sequence, a beginning math skill
- Encourages social skills from teamwork to being a good sport
- Players race, relay-style, to stack and serve the pile of pancakes that matches their menu cards
- Fun and physical – a great energy outlet!
- Active-play game builds skills for school success
How to Play:
1. Turn over an order card and call, “Order up!”
2. Players scramble to find the first pancake shown on the order card.
3. Players race to their plates, pancakes on spatulas, to stack the pancakes. Then they run back, handing the spatula to the next player – relay-race style.
4. The race continues until one player or team correctly completes the stack of pancakes shown on his or her card and tops it with a pat of butter!
2014 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal
2014 Parents' Choice Award